Thursday, June 5, 2008

ALBUM REVIEW: N.E.R.D - Seeing Sounds


Ok, before I begin, I must say that I'm a true fan of N.E.R.D/The Neptunes. Way back to the beat of Noreaga "What What" and their 1st album "In Search Of...". I like Pharrell, but I prefer him as Pharrell Williams, Chad Hugo & Shae Haley. So this review may be sliiightly biased. But then again if you wanted the review of a professional, you would've gone to Rollingstone.com or some sh*t. So here we go:

Upon hitting the play buttom, the intro is very reminiscent of Kelis' intro to "Kaleidescope" (her first album that was entirely produced by The Neptunes). What I mean by this is that Pharrell is sort of setting the stage for us, as a narrator if you will. And if you were expecting the same heavy topics such as politics, child-parent relationships, and protest songs then you may be disappointed. "Seeing Sounds" is light and fun with topics pertaining to the culture that they have been placed in: sex, drugs, and partying. Oh and the beats are crazy. They're experimental, all-over-the-place and exciting. I can honestly (and lamely) say that I am now Seeing Sounds.
In stores June 10th. Support!


"The Neptunes is what we do, but N.E.R.D. is who we are. It's our life" -Pharrell

My Standout Tracks:
Windows

Anti-Matter

Happy



No comments: