Tuesday, June 10, 2008

ALBUM REVIEW: Estelle - Shine


Yes, I know. I KNOW! This album has been out for a while now. April 29th, 2008 to be exact. For some odd reason I didn't think to post it. Anyway, lets get to this already. This album took me completely by surprise! It's something that I believe has been missing in the R&B world for a while now. When I initially listened to the first song, i couldn't stop moving. The energy about it is so welcoming. I would describe the sound of her voice as very refreshing and soulful. She also can hold her own when it comes to rapping as well. And i don't mean "Lip Gloss" type of lyrics either. (No disrespect to Lil Mama, lol). John Legend was the executive producer of this album. Contributions came from Cee-Lo, Mark Ronson, Swizz Beats, Will.I.AM, and Wyclef Jean. With that type of guidance, you should already know what to expect. Song topics include Independence, Sex, Love, and Relationships. With all that being said, you are truly missing out on some good stuff if you don't check this album out.


The Pusher's Favs:

Lovin' In the Rain

You Are f/ John Legend

Shine

More Than Friends

No comments: