Friday, May 30, 2008

ALBUM REVIEW: The Cool Kids - The Bake Sale


The Bake Sale is the first EP from the duo known as The Cool Kids. (To those of you who haven't heard of them, they're the guys in the Rhapsody commercial). Previously, they'd released an LP entitled "Totally Flossed Out" which included their first single, "Black Mags" and was a nice change from the norm in hip-hop right now. No incessant rhymes about sex, drugs and money. Only sneakers, clothes and...sneakers and clothes. Almost like a "hypebeast to an 80s-esque beat". Now, I don't mean that negatively, it's just the best description I can come up with. The only disappointment I have with "The Bake Sale" is the lack of new material. The only songs that are not from "Totally Flossed Out" are:

What Up Man


Bassment Party

Jingling


But I guess that's what is to be expected when an artist releases an EP and an LP. Overall, I'd give it a B-.

No comments: